College library is an information resource centre for teaching, learning and research. Being the heart of the academic centre, it is home for all information services. With an aim to provide access to information and knowledge, the library contributes and supports transformation of talent into personality. It plays a provocative role in enabling access
to information resources of all kinds providing innovative and effective service to meet the changing needs of the academic community.
The library has an Advisory Committee. Its composition is as follows:
||Dr. B. M. Patil
||Shri. S. S. Bidare
||Shri. S. M. Bannur
||Shri. A. S. Dhamannaver
||Dr. S. B. Biradar
The committee supervises the activities of the library and advises the librarian in connection with improvements in the quality of library
services. The committee meets twice in a year to ensure smooth working of the College library.
Following are the significant initiatives that have been implemented by the Library Advisory Committee:
- The committee ensures optimum utilization of library facilities.
- It prepares plans for the development of library.
- Advised to install CCTVs.
- Rendering value added services to meritorious and physically challenged students.
- Guiding the librarian in conducting programmes and other activities which promote the library as a hub of learning and a knowledge resource centre.
- Free access to internet in e-library.
- Providing library facilities to the Alumni.
- Policy decisions in respect of library.
- Strengthening of e-resources, CDs, library softwares anti-virus package.
- Selection of Best Library Users and awarding them with endowment cash prizes.
- Reporting to the Principal about any additional library requirements.
- Annual stock verification.
- Total area of the library: 4,460 sq.ft.
- Total seating capacity:
Ground floor of 60 seating capacity.
Digital library with 25 seating capacity.
- Working hours (on working days, on holidays, before examination days, during examination days, during vacation):
- On working Days: Monday to Saturday - 7.30 am to 5.30 pm.
- On Holidays: Library is closed:
- Before examination days: 7.30 am to 5.30 pm.
- During examination days: 7.30 am to 5.30 pm.
- During vacation 8.30 am to 1.30 pm.
- Layout of the library (individual reading carrels, lounge area for browsing and relaxed reading, IT zone for accessing e-resources):
- Reading Room: 01
- Close Circuit Cameras to monitor the library services.
- Stacking Room arrangement is made according to Dewy Decimal Classification.
- Text book section.
- OPAC -1.
- CDs on all subjects .
- Periodicals section.
- Librarian’s office.
- Digital Library.